My Amazon A-Store

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas cookie layouts

I was so excited today about using my cookie press, that I took pictures and just now did a digi layout about it. I know that's totally silly, but hey, it's those silly, little things that make special memories! Things have been so busy around here and I really haven't had much time to scrap. I think that this is the busiest that I have been in a long time during December! I had two Christmas parties to go to, lunch with friends who I used to work with and I have been on a serious baking kick. Plus, I have been crocheting bunches of wash cloths from 100% cotton. So, I have lots and lots to share and I hope to do that soon!

But for now, here are a couple of digi layouts that I have done these past couple of weeks....
This one is about our yearly, Christmas tradition of making sugar cookies. I use the same recipe that my mother used when I was a child and nothing reminds me of Christmas when I was a child more than these cookies! They are so good! We will be making some of them tomorrow (the second time this holiday season!), so I will get some good pictures and share the recipe. Yum! Everything that I used for this page is by Shabby Miss Jenn Designs.....I just LOVE her digi kits!!!!
Here is a layout that I finished this evening. My good friend made spritz cookies the other day and I reminded me that I had a cookie press lost somewhere in my cabinets. I found the press at a garage sale ages ago and I hadn't ever used it! So, today, while it was raining and sleeting outside and everything was being covered by a thick layer of ice, I decided to make spritz cookies! I knew that we wouldn't be going anywhere (and won't for several days!) and that some fresh cookies is just what we needed! We are expecting 6-10+ inches by Christmas Day! So, since this was such a huge event today......finally using this age-old cookie press that I've been carrying around with us for the past 15+ years and almost as many moves, thanks to the Air Force.....I took pictures and did a layout! Once again, everything that I used for this layout is from Shabby Miss Jenn Designs, except the template which is from Weeds & Wildflower Design Life 365 Kit and the green, circle tag and journal block which is also from Weeds & Wildflower Design.

I hope that you are all ready for Christmas and that you have a wonderful and magical day with your family and friends celebrating the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di