My Amazon A-Store

Monday, September 19, 2011

family - art journal page

Good morning and Happy Monday!  It's a beautiful morning here today, so I wanted to share with you a journal spread that I finished over the weekend.

The inspiration for this page is from a video of Dyan Reaveley that you can watch here.  There are so many amazing art journalers who are so generous to share their talent and time by making videos showing how they create their journal pages.  I think I learned just about everything that I know about art journaling by watching videos on You Tube and UStream!  So much inspiration can be found there!

 I really like the background technique Dyan shows and I was really excited to use my new Tim Holtz Artful Dwellings die.  I sprayed three colors of color washes on book paper and then cut them out on my Big Shot. 
 I stamped some leaves onto cardstock, painted them in with Peeled Paint Distress Stain and cut them out.  I placed them around the bottom of the houses to give them some dimension on the page.  It didn't look right to me seeing the houses just sitting on top of all of the leaves.  The Scrabble tile letters are from a sheet of scrapbooking paper.  I glued each letter onto a piece of card board and then cut them out, and rubbed the edges w/ brown ink.
A fortune from our dinner ne night that I've been holding onto for over a year was just what I needed for this page!

So that's it for now....I do have several more pages to share with you and I hope to do that throughout the week....

Take care and God Bless!
di

2 comments:

  1. What a LOVELY journal spread Di, LOVE all the colours you used & those houses are FAB!
    THANKS for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice!! Love the banner at the top :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di