My Amazon A-Store

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

digging out of paperwork mountain & some organic favorites

Yep. That's me. And that's where I've been all week long. Knee-deep in Girl Scout Cookie paperwork. Another reason why this was the wrong time for me to decide to go healthy! Stress and lots of time spent auditing paperwork = lots of coffee/soda and munchies. But, I turned in all of my paperwork on Monday and now I'm just trying to remember how to function right now. It's a huge job, this cookie business, but I've been doing it for 11 years now and I think I'm in it for life. Or so I've been told by the Head Cookie at the council. lol

I did make it to Whole Foods a couple of times, which is bad, because I can easily get carried away in there and spend too much money. I switched us over to organic, French Roast Allegro Coffee. It is $11.99 a pound, which is a little high, but we decided that we love coffee too much and won't skimp on getting something we won't enjoy. I also picked up some Madhava organic, light agave nectar as a sugar replacement for my coffee. Be sure to click that link to read about it. It is a natural sweeter with a low glycemic index and it is kind of like thin honey, but has a light, sweet flavor and it working wonderfully in my coffee. I am curious now to try it in some real recipes. I also picked up some Calming Aromatherapy Spritzer from California Baby to spray on our pillows at night. This really seems to help Gracie relax a bit better and fall asleep peacefully. I love California Baby products, they are all safe not full of harsh chemicals, and so far I have used their: Calming Botanical Moisturizing Cream, Calming Diaper Rash Cream, Calming Aromatherapy Bubble Bath, and their Natural Bug Blend Bug Repelant. Everything from the "Calming" line has lavender in it and I am a huge fan and believer in the relaxing properties of lavender.

I am planning on sitting down tomorrow and working on my menu for next week. A new week and a fresh start. This time I should be able to start working on eating better and other things mentioned in my earlier post!

God Bless,
di

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di