My Amazon A-Store

Monday, November 1, 2010

My Plan Monday.....

I hope that you all had a wonderful Halloween yesterday!  I can't believe that today is November 1st!!!  Wow, what happened to this year?  I know that for me, it has been a very hard year and it seems like it was full of more downs that ups.  I'll just say that it is really hard to deal out 'tough love' to a child, but sometimes it just has to be done.  It took me quite awhile, but I finally accepted the fact that I wasn't a bad mom for having to put my foot down and be strong for myself and the rest of my family and let my 19 year old daughter move on, make her own choices and mistakes and deal with them.   Needless to say, it has been quite a year.  Add into that being pregnant and wow...... I'm surprised that I'm still sane. lol

I don't have a meal plan for this week, because we are going to be visiting a good friend of mine and deliver a very special quilt that I made, so we're pretty much going to be living out of what's in the fridge.  I probably won't be doing any baking either, but that's probably a good thing.  I've been on a huge baking kick and it will do our waistlines a favor to go a week without having tempting goodies sitting out on the counter all week.


I must tell you that I made the Toasted Pumpkin Seed recipe from Simply Recipes and it is AWESOME!   I had three, very large pumpkins worth of seeds and even though the seeds were larger, they turned out great.  This recipe boils the seeds in salted water for 10 minutes before toasting them and it made all of the difference in the world.   My seeds were perfect, crunchy and absolutely delicious!   So, be sure to give this recipe a try or save it in your files for next Halloween's pumpkin. :-)


I also made the Peter Peter Pumpkin Bars and they were delicious!   I substituted butter for the shortening and that's the only change I made.  Oh, besides putting candy corn on top instead of those candy pumpkins.  lol  It has an orange frosting on it and it was really yummy and a refreshing change from the typical cream cheese frosting.  This one will be going into my "Tried and True" recipe file as well.

My husband finished up my daughter's Kingdom Hearts coat, so I finally get my sewing machine back!  I sure have missed it.  Time to finish up a baby snuggler for Peanut and quilt a baby quilt that needs to be finished this month.  My to-sew list is getting very long and I really need to write it down here, because right now most of it is in my head and that's not good!

Wishing you all a wonderful Monday!
God Bless,
di

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di