My Amazon A-Store

Thursday, July 21, 2011

CSA Veggie Booty - Sauteed Swiss Chard with Parmesan

Documenting the yumminess I make from my weekly CSA veggies!


Yum! Yum!  I made this last night to go along side some mushroom ravioli!

Sauteed Swiss Chard with Parmesan:
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon garlic scapes or minced garlic
  • 1/2 small red onion, diced
  • 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems and center ribs cut out and chopped together, leaves coarsely chopped separately
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine or vegetable broth
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
  • 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • salt to taste (optional)

  • Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic scapes and onion, and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the chard stems and the white wine. Simmer until the stems begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chard leaves, and cook until wilted. Stir in lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.  Season to taste with salt if needed.



I made this last week with some of my CSA swiss chard and for breakfast the next day, I put it on top of some cooked wheat berries.  It was really good!  Yes, I am strange and I eat swiss chard for breakfast. lol  I'm not a big fan of breakfast food and almost alway eat dinner leftovers in the morning. ;-)

God Bless!
di

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di