My Amazon A-Store

Saturday, July 23, 2011

homemade liquid coffee creamer

I drink way too much coffee and I LOVE flavored coffee creamers.  But, if you turn that bottle around and look at the list of ingredients, it's kinda scary!  So, after some googling I came across this recipe and it's so great I just had to share!  The best thing about it is that you can count the number of ingredients on ONE hand! :-)

I found this recipe at the New Life on a Homestead blog and she also has several more "Make Your Own" recipes that I would like to try, so be sure to visit!


Homemade Liquid Coffee Creamer:


1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups non-fat milk
1 Tbsp vanilla



Blend all ingredients together well. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
I mixed mine up in a recycled spaghetti sauce jar.  I just added all of the ingredients in it, put the lid on and shook it up until it was mixed well.  And I shake it before pouring it into my coffee.  I don't even need to add any sugar to my coffee now, because the condensed milk is so sweet. ;-)
Flavor Variations:
Cappuccino: add 1 tsp almond extract and 1/2 tsp orange extract
Amaretto: add 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp almond extract

Chocolate Almond: add 1 Tbsp cocoa and 1 tsp almond extract
or you can add flavored syrups that you can find at coffee shops and some grocery stores. 

Take care and God Bless!
di

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this. I look forward to using in my coffee in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much . Like you, My wife and I are coffee nuts and we love our flavored creamers and it is not getting any cheaper to buys these days. Thanks so much. And may the grace of our the Lord Jesus Christ be with you .

    Michael

    p.s. I am not a robot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di