My Amazon A-Store

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Veggie Booty - CSA treasures!

This year dear friends of mine who own an organic farm gave me and my family the gift of a share of their CSA.  I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am to be given such an amazing gift!  I was telling my mom about it a few weeks ago as I was anxiously awaiting that weeks share that it was like waiting for Santa to come. lol  I love, loVE, LOVE veggies, so yep, I get excited about getting fresh produce each week.  It's just too much fun, because each week is a surprise at what I receive and then I get to have fun looking for new recipes to try on all of those delicious veggies.

I thought that it would be kind of fun to document what I make from each weeks bounty of amazing veggies, so each week I will share a photo of what I receive and then throughout the week I will share recipes of what I make.  :-)

So, without making you wait any longer.....here's what I got this week:
white, yellow and purple onions
new potatoes
baby zucchini and yellow squash
rainbow swiss chard
chives
garlic scapes
18 eggs

I hope you enjoy this series of blog posts and I highly encourage you to see if there are any CSA farms in your area or go and support your local farmers at your Farmer's Market!  Organic, fresh, yummy, healthy, beautiful, colorful.....aww.........yep, I love my veggies!!! ;-)

God Bless!
di

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di