My Amazon A-Store

Monday, August 12, 2013

A Collaged Tag

Hi everyone! Well, I totally fell off of Effy's daily August blogging wagon....it's been so busy with trying to get things ready for school to start, not to mention some more birthdays happening!  But, I have been able to spend some time in my "studio" and I completed this tag the other night for a FB group that I'm in.   It had to have collage on it as well as words/letters and wire/string/yarn/ribbon etc.  I used some great vintage goodness on this, including newspaper from my hometown that my mom gave me the other day.  It's from December 28, 1946 and has an article about my mom's uncle who was killed when he was hit by a train.  I kept that part for my genealogy work, but have lots of old, yellow newspaper to play with now.  I also pulled out one of my old Holiday Magazines....I think it was from January 1955....and used an image from it.








The flower was made by cutting out random flower shapes from some book text in different sizes.  I then sprayed them with a few colors of spray, went around the edges with distress ink, wrinkled them up real well and then assembled the pieces, big to small, pushed a brad through the center, and there ya go....a great shabby flower!  It's topped off with a piece of torn fabric that's tied on at the top.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm working on uploading a watch-the-process video of the journal page that I created last night...so be sure to stop by again tomorrow to see photos of that page! 

Take care,
di


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di