My Amazon A-Store

Monday, January 12, 2009

curried cauliflower recipe

Joe and I LOVE Indian food and I made some vegetable curry other night in the crock-pot (I'll share that recipe soon!). I really wanted something on the side and I had a beautiful head of cauliflower in the fridge so I immediately thought of curried cauliflower. It was really good, so I had to share the recipe. It was so good that I ended up taking a photo of it for my "photo of the day"! You can see the photo here....

Curried Cauliflower-

2 cups cauliflower florets
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup petite diced canned tomatoes
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
salt (to taste)


1. Steam the cauliflower for about 5 minutes (more if you like your cauliflower softer), reserve 1/2 cup of the water.
2. Put the oil in a saucepan; add the garlic and onion, and saute until soft.
3. Stir in the curry, ginger and salt.
4. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the cauliflower and the reserved 1/2 cup of water.
6. Cover and simmer for about 3 minutes (or longer if you want the vegetables well done).
7. Remove the cover to allow some of the liquid to evaporate.
8. Serve hot.

Enjoy!

God Bless,

di

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di