I decided to record my going green journey here because I am going to be doing it on a budget. A pretty tight one, too! We have $150 budgeted for groceries for 6 each week. It is a challenge each week to meet that budget and I know that it's going to be even more of a challenge for me to go green on a limited food budget. I also get a weekly "allowance" of $40 and I will be using that to purchase special things for myself, like natural beauty products and skin care. Right now, I feel like that is something that should not come out of our household budget. I'm going to call this "A Green Me". For me, this will deal w/ all points of living a more healthy lifestyle, including exercise. I'm going to track what how I feel each day, what I'm buying, what I'm paying for things, and yummy recipes that I've tried.
Some of the things that I would like to start making changes on soon are:
- cooking more from scratch
- eating more whole foods
- use natural health and beauty products
- drink way less coffee and way more water!
- have a garden in the back yard, vegetable and flower
- start an exercise routine
- reduce the clutter that surrounds me
- daily journal
- daily creative break
- read for pleasure and knowledge
- daily Bible study
So here we go. It's time to start being a green me!