My Amazon A-Store

Monday, June 10, 2013

ICAD 2013 - Days 9 and 10

ICAD stands for "Index Card a Day" and you can learn all about it by visiting Daisy Yellow at: http://daisyyellow.squarespace.com/icad/

For Day 9, I started out with an index card that I had scraped some leftover Golden Glass Bead Gel onto.  Then, I did an image transfer with some book text and Golden Soft Gel.  I really wasn't sure where to go with this until I clipped these words from a book....






I really wasn't sure what to do for my Day 10 card.  I knew that I wanted to use a leftover piece of napkin, the white part that's left after you peel off the pretty, patterned front.  So, I grabbed my $1.00 romance novel that I picked up at Half-Priced Books and started looking for a sentence or words that inspired me.  As soon as I saw the words "from the ocean" I had this crazy idea of turning that napkin into a seascape using my color sprays.  I had no idea if it would even work, but that's the wonderful thing about ICAD's!  It's a great place to try new things.  I give my Muse 100% credit for this one....because I just sat back, listened to her urgings, didn't fight it and ended up with this....






Thanks so much for stopping by!!!  I hope you're enjoying these cards as much as I am making them!  And, most of all, I hope you're playing along too!!!
di

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di