My Amazon A-Store

Thursday, June 6, 2013

ICAD Day 3 and 4

I've managed to keep up with my ICAD cards even though my whole family is fighting a bad cold, including myself.  Ick.

ICAD stands for "Index Card a Day" and you can learn all about it by visiting Daisy Yellow at: http://daisyyellow.squarespace.com/icad/

Day 3

For this card, I tried doing a image transfer using acrylic paint.  It didn't work out as well as I was hoping, but hey, it was worth the try, right?  Next time I will use an inexpensive acrylic paint (I used my heavy body and it is very glossy so the paper did not stick to it well) and I will also use an image that's be printed from my printer, not book text like I did this time.  You can read about this technique at  The Technique Zone.




Day 4
(sorry, no video for Day 4, I was sick and icky lol)

For this card, I used some artwork that my 5 yo daughter created as the first layer.  The colors were just a little dull for me, so I went over her circles w/ some Dr. Ph Martins liquid watercolors to really help make the circles pop.  



Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you're enjoying the cards that I'm creating! I sure do love doing them!

Take care,
di








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di