My Amazon A-Store

Friday, June 6, 2014

ICAD 2014 - Day 3

Well, for my card on Day 3 of ICAD, I really tried something that I haven't ever tried before.  And, I'll say it once again, that's why I LOVE making these cards so much.  It's a small piece of paper you're creating on and the perfect place to experiment!

I do have a question for you all...would it be helpful if I listed out the supplies that I use on each card?  Just curious.... ;-)

My daughter graduated from high school last month and we had gotten her a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  As they started to die  (sad way to say it but true lol) the petals from one of the flowers kept falling on my countertop and they were so pretty I just couldn't throw them away.  They were such a pretty color of purple and so dainty.  So I started putting them into a plastic bag with hopes of trying to put them onto an ICAD.  I also saved the ribbon that was tied around the bouquet as well.

I am so glad that I did, because I really think this might be one of my  most favorite cards that I have made, so far.  Well, it's one with the most meaning behind it, that's for sure!

Please be sure to visit Tammy's blog to read all about ICAD.   It is the best thing and I look forward to it every year.  This is my third year creating these cards and I actually find myself squirreling things away when the new year starts to be recycled onto a card.  Case in point....my Day 1 card. lol








Thanks so much for stopping by!
Take care :-)
Dianne

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your ICADs and your videos! I appreciate them and enjoy watching. I stumbled upon your site via a pin on Pinterest. As for whether or not you should list products used...I don't need the list. I'm happy and grateful for the videos. I prefer having to figure out if I can recreate a technique with the products I already have. Otherwise, I'll feel the urge to go shopping to expand my art supply hoard! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di