My Amazon A-Store

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

dream - a mixed media canvas

First of all, I need to tell you that this IS NOT my original idea, but my version of artwork designed by the amazing Christy Tomlinson.   Here is a link to her blog post featuring this project.  Christy's Mixed Media Kits are full of all sorts of amazing goodies and each month she shares a video of her creating something with all of the fun items in that months kit.  You can watch her creating her canvas here and be sure to watch all of her other YouTube videos.  They are great and I have learned so much by watching them!


I made this canvas as a gift for my secret pal and I had a lot of fun doing it...there's really nothing better than gluing down bits and pieces and rubbing paint around with my fingers....


(p.s. look at my hydrangeas!  They are as big as a soccer ball!)







And, while outside taking these pictures I was able to get a shot of our momma meadowlark feeing her sweet babies in our front tree.  There are four of them and they sound so sweet....

I stood out by our mail box for at least 15 minutes waiting for her to come back and I'm sure that my neighbors and all passerby's were thinking that I was quite strange. lol  Some lady, standing by mailboxes, holding up a camera with a long, zoom lens pointed at a tree for 15 minutes....lol  Oh well.  I love our meadowlarks and so happy that they have chosen our front tree to raise their family. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day today.....
God Bless,
di

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di