My Amazon A-Store

Saturday, June 16, 2012

icad2 - day 14

I'm having lots of fun finding things in my piles of "stuff" that I've been hoarding and using them on my icad2 cards.  This one uses an ad for Sally Hansen nail polish.  I love all of the colors on this ad and I'm really loving how this one turned out!  I used gel medium to do an image transfer onto the index card.  I let the card sit overnight and then rubbed water onto the card w/ my finger to remove the paper.




I've also been using up bits and pieces of book paper that I've been spraying onto while working on previous cards.  For this card, I first sprayed on some Tumble Dyes and placed a piece of notebook paper on top of the stencil to soak up all of that extra spray.  I just can't waste that stuff! lol  I loved how it turned out and ended up using that notebook paper as the base of my card for Day 16.  I'm really trying to use up what I have and recycle odds and ends that I stumble upon.

You can watch me create this card here.  Be sure to visit my YouTube page and subscribe.  You will get an email each time I add a new video.  :-)

I saw "Rock of Ages" last night and I'm trying to come up with an idea for today's card to remember last night by.  I am a total 80's junkie!  But have to admit that I was into the "new wave" scene and not the hair band's. ;-)  I still thought that movie was lots of fun and it sure did bring back some memories! lol

I hope you all have a wonderful day today!  We are going to hit some antique stores today and I'm hoping to find some neat ephemera to use in my mixed media art.

God Bless!
di

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di