My Amazon A-Store

Friday, June 15, 2012

icad2 - day 13

Not long ago, I picked up a bundle of eleven magazines at Half Price Book Store for $10.  It's a great place to get magazines and books for cheap to use in your mixed media projects.   I couldn't resist that stack!  The magazine is called Arts in Asia and I couldn't resist....I knew they would have some fun images that I could cut out and use in collages.  So, when I saw this painting on the front a one of the magazines, I had to use her on my next icad2 card.  I've been on a huge packing tape transfer kick, so I decided to use that technique again for that image.  The cover of the magazine is very thick so it took awhile to get all of the paper off, but I'm really happy with how it turned out!  

Be sure to visit Tammy's blog, Daisy Yellow, to read all about icad2.  You can start anytime, no worries, no being behind....just create!  And, I can't tell you how wonderful it is to work on these little cards!  Quick, easy, fast, done. lol  It usually takes me under 30 minutes to do a card.  I just love it!



The corrugated paper is from the inside of a envelope that I received in the mail the other day.  It had my monthly Disney movie club DVD in it. lol   I absolutely love texture and I really love using odds and ends from this and that that....things you'd usually just throw away.  I almost see it as a challenge! lol   I also used a piece of book paper that I have been spraying onto while creating other cards.  Waste not, want not, right? lol The decided to leave the wooden butterflies plain, even though you can paint them.  I figured there was enough going on behind them and I like just being able to see the plain wood. ;-)

I did a video of me creating this card and you can watch it here. ;-)

So, be sure to visit my YouTube page and subscribe to my page.  That way you will get notifications in your email each time I upload a new video.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today and I hope that you are able to spend some time creating today!
God Bless,
di

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di