My Amazon A-Store

Friday, June 15, 2012

icad2 - day 12

This is a late night card. lol  I think it was after midnight when I started it, was really tired but just really needed to get my fingers dirty.  It is totally inspired by art by the amazing Christy Tomlinson.  I have taken a few of her online classes and I highly recommend them!!!



I used the corrugated paper that comes from a package of Oreo cookies.  This shows you how I can't through anything away if I think it will work for a mixed media project. lol  I also used some old rub-ons that I found while rummaging around in my art drawers.  I had stamped the house onto book paper a long time ago and ended up not using it.  So, as I've been working on other projects, I've used it as scrap paper to spray on top of and wiped excess paint on.  So, all I had to do was cut it out and add it to my card.  The house is from Paperbag Studios and the name of the set is Doodles & Daters Unmounted Rubber Stamp Set.

No video for this one..... :-(

I hope you're all doing well!  It's a rainy day here today, so I'm hoping for some quality art time.  If I can get my little one down for a nap, of course. lol  I look forward to him being older and more independent so that I can spend better time arting, and so he can join along in creating!  But, I also know it goes by fast and he'll be grown and not wanting to be with me at all before I know it. lol  It's such a crazy thing.  You want them to grow up, but you don't. lol  My oldest will be 21 this August....so I truly know how fast time flies and I need to cherish every moment with my little ones!

Take care everyone and God Bless!
di

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di