My Amazon A-Store

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bake Sale Madness - part 2 - Salted Nut Roll Bars

Okay, so how yummy does this look? Oh wow. These are SO GOOD!!!!!! You have to totally forget about your eating-well plan when you look at these.....they are oozing with butter. lol This is the second thing that I made for my churches bake sale tomorrow. I packaged them the same way as I did the Sweet Trail Mix, except I placed each square on top of a food-safe doily to pretty it up a little bit more. This is another easy recipe and makes a lot. I usually don't cut them into pieces this big, but since it was for a bake sale, I made them larger squares. I usually cut them half this size and that's plenty because they are so rich!

Salted Nut Roll Bars-

1 package yellow cake mix
2/3 cup or 11 tablespoons butter, melted
1 egg
1 bag miniature marshmallows
2/3 cup corn syrup
12 oz. peanut butter chips
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2/3 cups dry roasted peanuts

Crust-
Mix dry cake mix with the 2/3 cup of melted butter and the egg. Put into a greased jelly roll pan. ( I line my pan with parchment paper). Use your hands/fingers to press the mixture to the edges and to make as even as you can. Bake at 350F degrees for 14 minutes. It will NOT be done. Sprinkle crust with marshmallows, covering evenly. Return to the oven, bake for 8 minutes. Cool.

Combine the corn syrup, peanut butter chips, peanut butter, 1/4 cup butter and vanilla in a saucepan and cook on low/medium until melted and mixed well. Stir often. Do not over cook. Pour this mixture over the marshmallow layer evenly. Sprinkle with peanuts. Let cool and cut into bars.

Yum.
Here's how mine turned out and are all ready to go to the bake sale!

1 comment:

  1. I want to try and make this. Looks so YUMMMMMMYYYYY!!! :)
    Thanks so much for the recipe!!!
    Nadya :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di