My Amazon A-Store

Friday, October 16, 2009

family - layout - Practical Scrappers weekly challenge


Here's another one for this weeks challenge at Practical Scrappers to use lace card stock. I had a lot of fun with this challenge and I'm anxious to see what next weeks challenge will be!

I had my scanner out, so I decided to use it to scan my layout. Yes, we are having yet another cloudy/rainy/gloomy day here. It is really starting to bring me down. It seems like it's been forever since we saw the sun and blue sky!

For this layout I cut a strip of the lace card stock to go across the width of the page and I also cut out a couple of extra snowflakes to use as accents. I added a few felt snowflakes and fastened them together with colored brads. For the title, I rubbed a silver Brilliance ink pad over the chipboard word and then heat set the ink with my embossing gun. Then I added a smashed bottle cap that I had added a punched circle to the center of that says "Pikes Peak, Dec ;08". I put a few pieces of red, ribbon scraps behind the bottle cap and that's about it!

I'm hoping to spend the evening scrapping and I hope that you are all able to spend some time being creative today, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di