My Amazon A-Store

Monday, October 19, 2009

Family Favorite Recipe - TGI Friday's Broccoli Cheese Soup

It's been quite awhile since I've shared any recipes, so I thought that I would share one of our favorite soup recipes today. It's a copycat recipe for TGI Friday's Broccoli Cheese Soup and it is SO good!!!! I usually let this sit and simmer on low on the stove for quite awhile. At least 30 minutes or so. I ALWAYS make a double batch, too! This is so good served with a salad and some good bread. Enjoy!
TGI Friday's Broccoli Cheese Soup-
  • 4 cups broth - veggie or chicken
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup half-and-half cream
  • 5 slices of American cheese
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 4 cups broccoli florets in bite-size pieces
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (to garnish)
  • 2 teaspoons minced parsley (to garnish)
Combine the broth, water, half and half, cheese, flour, onion and pepper in a large stock pot. Whisk to combine and to break up any lumps of flour, then turn the heat to medium/high. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Stir often. Add the broccoli to the soup and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and the soup is thickened. Serve soup sprinkled with some cheddar cheese and fresh chopped parsley on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di