My Amazon A-Store

Saturday, October 3, 2009

ick - scrapbooking layout - Practical Scrappers weekly challenge

Here's another layout for a challenge at Practical Scrappers! I am really loving this blog! The challenge was to use a die-cut on a layout. I don't have a lot of die-cuts in my stash, because I just never really used them that much. But, as soon as I saw this challenge, I remembered that I had a couple of turkey die-cuts. That made me think of a picture of my daughter on Thanksgiving Day one year and I knew that I had to go with these for this challenge.


The first thing that I did was to color the turkey die-cut with chalks. You can see a a plain turkey and the chalked one side-by-side here to see the difference. One turkey is lighter brown card stock, but you can see how much a little chalk can pep up a plain die-cut! I dug into my stash and found some Autumn colored papers and then went to work! I really love how this one turned out and it sure was fun to do this challenge and use up an old die-cut that I've had waiting in my stash for probably over 10 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di