My Amazon A-Store

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's a sickness.......

......it really is. I am totally addicted to collecting recipes. I admit it and here's the proof. A tub full of them, 3 binders and a file box. All of them are full of recipes. The sad thing is this.....I have thrown a lot of them away. And I do mean A LOT! And, even worse. This doesn't include any cookbooks. Those are tucked all over my house and when we moved recently, I was forced to face the fact that I had way too many of them and I ended up purging out several hundred cookbooks from my collection. It's amazing what moving into a smaller house does to your collections of "stuff". lol If you're wondering why they are all sitting on top of my table....it's because I was desperately searching for a recipe this morning. Well over an hour worth of searching, too! I was trying to find two recipes that I've had forever. I knew exactly what they looked like, what type of paper they were on and how they were printed out. Every detail. Excpet the most important one. Where they were! I am happy to report that I did finally find them. But, this has made me see that I really, really need to do something about this mess. So, this is what I'll be doing for awhile. Organizing my recipes. I have a few ideas that I'm working on and I will be sure to share.

I hope that I'm not the only person who's addicted to collecting recipes. And the crazy thing is that there is no possible way that I will ever be able to make them all. lol It sure is nice to know that I just might have that perfect recipe filed away and waiting for me to make it.....as long as I can find it first!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! :) I took like to collect recipes but I don't think I'm that bad yet.. LOL :) you should go to Practical Scrappers message board http://practicalscrappers.proboards.com/
    they have a recipe forum there. You should post some of the recipes there, that way you'll get to share them with other people. :)
    Nadya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di, you are not alone in your love of collecting recipes! In fact, let me tell you how passionate (obsessed?) I am about them. I started a separate blog (which I keep private) just to keep my favorites and ALOT that I want to try easily accessible. I'm currently working on making 2 scrapbook cookbooks (my true passion) for my girls this Christmas. And, I started a new Yahoo group (called Scrapbooking Family Recipes) for just my female relatives, with hopes it will bring some us back in touch again.

    So no, you're not alone at all! Some of us are even worse ... lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di