My Amazon A-Store

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Without You - layout - Practical Scrappers weekly challenge

First of all, please, please excuse the horrible photo of my layout! We are having yet ANOTHER gloomy and rainy day here and I can't get a decent photo whatsoever. I've tried and tired, but it's just too icky and dark outside. I need some sunshine and blue skies!

Okay, so I really wanted to use some "real" lacy card stock that is the challenge for this week at Practical Scrappers. I had a sheet of semi-lacy card stock and I used it for this layout. But, I kept seeing all of these fantastic pages done with the real lacy kind and I just had to try it, too. lol I know, I know......I'm making excuses. I just needed an excuse to go out and buy some, because I didn't have any! lol
So, here's my layout using some lacy card stock. I didn't use as much of it as I originally thought that I would, but I stumbled upon this transparency sheet, because I still had them sitting out from doing an older challenge at Practical Scrappers to use transparencies. I really thought that it went great with this photo that I had of me and Joe holding hands while driving to church one Sunday morning.

The transparency says:

Without you I'd be lost
a ship without a sail
a nest without an egg
a tree without a root
a home without a heart
A soul without a mate.
I cut one strip from the lace card stock and put that underneath the photo and transparency across the bottom. I wanted to do something more and then it hit me that highlighting the words "soul" and "mate" would look really neat. So, I took some pink acrylic paint and brushed it across the back of the transparency. I really love how that turned out!
The heart is corrugated and I added all sorts of things to it. The light pink hearts were cut from the lace card stock. I wrapped it with some ribbon and I added a couple of plastic tags tied with ribbon, punched red hearts, a rhinestone and then letter stickers for our initials.

The next piece of lace card stock that I have is snowflakes and I can't wait to work on that one next! Hopefully this evening during nap time!

4 comments:

  1. Love all the details, really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this is gorgeous first of all! That journaling is so very touching! I love all the specific deets you used in this layout! Hey, I'm following you now too! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di