My Amazon A-Store

Monday, October 12, 2009

official - layout - Practical Scrappers weekly challenge

I am so excited to get this layout done today! I stumbled upon the blog, Practical Scrappers, a couple of weeks ago and it's been so crazy around here.....I seem to be lucky to get the weekly challenges done before the weeks over! Not this time. The new challenge was posted last night, a day early, and it was top-priority scrapping for me today!
The challenge this week is to use lace card stock. I can't believe this, but I don't have any! Not the super, detailed kind anyway. But, I did have this sheet from Making Memories and I'm hoping that it counts as lace card stock. It does remind me of eyelet fabric. You can see the dark blue card stock peeking through the lace-like flowers in the light blue card stock. Oh, and I blurred out our last name....that's what that icky white spot is, if you're wondering....... ;-)
I actually started working on this layout last night, when I was trying to get to sleep. lol Once I get an idea in my head for a layout, it can be hard for me to finally go to sleep because I want to get up and start working on it. lol So, last night when I was in bed, I thought of the idea of making something like fabric quilt binding, but out of paper and putting that around the edge of the circle of card stock that I cut the lace paper into. So, that's what I did. I cut strips of 3/4-inch paper and adhered them together, crumbled that up in my hands real well, and then folded it in half. This idea used a ton of adhesive! I ran it across the front and back edge of the circle before putting the folded binding on. I didn't want it to come undone! Then, I added faux scallops around the edges, using 3 different patterns of paper cut with my small circle punch (and lots more adhesive! lol).
I made the flower by cutting 4 circles of patterned paper and then I took some very rough sand paper and really rubbed like crazy around the edges to wear the paper down and even tear it a bit. I stacked them up ontop of each other and there you have it, a distressed flower! Then I added one little, light blue rhinestone, just because..... ;-)

I had so much fun using that lacy card stock, I think I just might go by my local scrapping store and pick up a few more sheets! I can't wait to see what everyone else does with their lace card stock!


6 comments:

  1. This is a stunning layout Diane (ugh is it Dianne) - Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout. Thanks for playing along at Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty layout and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a beautiful LO Dianne!! Great job with the lace cardstock and glad you stumbled upon us! Thanks for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di