My Amazon A-Store

Friday, October 23, 2009

Family Favorite Recipe - Crock-Pot Ranch Stew


We had this for dinner last night. Ranch Stew in the crock-pot. This is one of the recipes that my Mom used to make all of the time. I remember coming home from school and having the house full of the aromas of this cooking all day in the crock-pot. This is comfort food. I used to pick out the beans and pieces of tomatoes, but I don't do that any more! lol I do substitute Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles though for the ground beef and it works wonderfully in this recipe. I haven't eaten red meat since 1991 and love having these products so that I can fix my favorite childhood (and ground beef loaded) recipes in a veggie-friendly way. The canned corn, beans and tomatoes are the regular-sized cans. Not the big ones. I'm sorry, but I don't know the ounces for them. I just grab what my mom did. lol I'm guessing they are around 14 oz cans. The ones a bit bigger than a can of soup..... ;-)

Ranch Stew-

1 pound of ground beef (or the equivalent in veggie ground beef crumbles)
1 chopped onion
1 chopped green bell pepper
1 can corn- drained
1 can red beans- rinsed and drained
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1-2 teaspoons chili powder

Saute beef (or "beef" crumbles) onion, and green bell pepper in some oil in a big skillet. Meanwhile, add corn, beans, tomatoes to the crock-pot and turn to medium heat. After the meat is cooked and the onions and bell peppers are soft, add the mixture to the crock-pot along with the chili powder. Stir well. Let cook for 5 or 6 hours. You can turn your crock-pot to low and let it cook all day, if you want. Stir every now and then, if you're home. Serve on top of some cooked rice. Yum. You can also top this with some shredded cheese, if you like, but I like it just the way it is.

Leftovers are so yummy. I'm having some right now actually!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment! I really do appreciate it and hope that you come back and visit me again soon! Take care and God Bless! di